Getting found in the new economy requires remarkable content that can be easily shared. Can a book lost in the back room of a library contribute anything? Neither can an article buried under hundreds of pages in a Google Search.
Facebook and Twitter have been established as the go-to sites for getting found through social media, and while they can be useful for sparking discussions and creating an audience, neither has the power of Google behind them.
Here are 3 reasons why it’s absolutely essential to adopt Google Plus:
1. G+ is tied to the top 2 search engines in the world – Google and Youtube. According to Alexa, Google has the most traffic out of any site in the world while YouTube is rated as the 2nd top search engine in the world (3rd in total traffic behind Facebook). Why is this significant? – the easier remarkable content is found the greater the response by the audience will be.
2. Selective Content Output. With the ability to group people into circles, the user has the choice of releasing and sharing content with the public or a very specific group of people. Offices can create circles such as Accounting, HR, Administration, etc. and share data easily amongst their departments. No other social network allows the tailoring of content for specific audiences. Your audience can be whoever you choose to share to:
- Outbound circles – Circles that are used to push content out to a specific audience (i.e. Marketing Department, College Friends, Fraternity, etc.)
- Inbound circles – Tailor your content consumption
- Public Sharing – Share with the world
3. It’s optimized for customized sharing. Google+ is built specifically for sharing and interaction. It combines the best elements of Facebook and Twitter and combines them in a format that is powered by Google Search capabilities.